Thursday, March 19, 2009

So it begins again...

Last Wednesday morning me and my friend Pete deposited a total of $100US on Full Tilt Poker in hopes of grinding it up to something special and a short ten days later we have almost quadrupled our bankroll. It currently sits a few dollars short of $400. The biggest game we have played has been a $5 SNG, so either we are running hot, we are good, or maybe a bit of both haha. Our biggest win came today when I won a $3 90 Man Knockout SNG. I have played 6 of these in my times at Full Tilt for a very impressive 3 Wins, 1 2nd and 1 Final Table, not too shabby in my opinion. Anyway, hats off to Pete, he has been playing some great poker and kept in mind the stuff I told him about bankroll management, I know some people wouldn't be able to handle grinding out small stake SNGs as they consider it a waste of time but he has been very disciplined. We grinded the bankroll up to $200 playing nothing but $2 SNGs, that took us 6 days I think, so that was good, we both played good and we both also had one bad streak of luck each but it was good to come out on top. So then we decided to mix in some $5 SNGs in with the $2's when we go the BR up to $200 and it has been nothing but a success, we have been killing it as you can see by the sharkscope graph. The downpoint after 90 games is when me and Pete deposited, he had the account earlier with a guy from APL named Chimp and that experiment didn't go very well as you can see by the graph but now it's going up and we are into the profit. I have basically given up on making the APL State Championships, I am 20th as of writing this and would need a hell of an effort over the next 10 days to make it, but I will still play a few events and hopefully I can go deep in a couple and who knows. But either way, good luck to Pete who should be making it, hopefully the event is fairly deepstacked so he can have an edge over the field with the small ball style we like to employ.

I went to Texas Hold Em Poker Australia last night at Ourimbah RSL and I have said before that it is the worst structured live event I have ever played and wow, they have changed their structure.....they've made it worse! Now the structure is 2k starting stack, blinds start at 50/100 and go up every 15 mins, just terrible, and they don't have a 75/150 level like APL which I really enjoy. If anyone ever see's me at a Texas Hold Em Poker Australia event again, it is either because I have lost a bet or I have lost the will to live, it is just that bad. It makes APL at Woy Woy on Friday Nights look like the WSOP haha.
Well that's it for the first blog of hopefully many. Hopefully next time I blog I will have some more good stories involving bankroll quadrupling stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment